Remove-NaNfsExport vs CMD exportfs -z

is Remove-NaNfsExport similar to exportfs -z

I want to make sure that entries in the exports file are only commented out not removed:

Here is the man page from exportfs:

Unexports a file system path and removes its export entry from the /etc/exports file. Use the -z option to remove a file system path from the /etc/exports file without manually editing the /etc/exports file. Note: By default entries are actually commented out and not removed from the /etc/exports file. To change the behavior to actually remove entries switch off the nfs.export.exportfs_comment_on_delete option. For more information see na_options(1).

Would be nice to get clarification.

Best wishes

Re: Remove-NaNfsExport vs CMD exportfs -z

Hi Markus,

You can get more help about a powershell cmdlet using

Get-Nahelp Remove-NaNfsExport - Detailed

Here's what the description says about this  cmdlet.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-Help Remove-NaNfsExport -Detailed

Removes the rules for a set of pathnames.

Remove-NaNfsExport [-Paths] <String[]> [-Persistent] [-Controller <NaController>] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]

Remove-NaNfsExport [-AllPaths] [-Persistent] [-Controller <NaController>] [-WhatIf] [-Confirm] [<CommonParameters>]

Removes the rules for a set of pathnames. This returns an error if any of the pathnames don't have a rule. Set the

Persistent option to modify the etc/exports file and keep this change persistent upon reboots.

-Paths <String[]>

Pathnames to be deleted from the exports table.

Default value is false.  Modify the etc/exports file to delete the rules permanently.  CAUTION: If AllPaths

and Persistent are both specified, all exports are removed permanently.

-Controller <NaController>

The Data ONTAP controller object, embodied by an NaController object.  This parameter is returned by the

Connect-NaController cmdlet.  If not specified, the value in the global variable CurrentNaController is used.

Default value is false. Specify to delete all rules. Paths must be left empty if this option is true.

This cmdlet supports the common parameters: Verbose, Debug,

ErrorAction, ErrorVariable, WarningAction, WarningVariable,

OutBuffer and OutVariable. For more information, see

about_CommonParameters (

--------------  Example 1 --------------

C:\PS>Remove-NaNfsExport -Persistent /vol/testvol

Remove the export for volume 'testvol'.

DeletedPathnames                                            UnexportedPathnames

----------------                                            -------------------

{/vol/testvol}                                              {/vol/testvol}

Re: Remove-NaNfsExport vs CMD exportfs -z

Hi Vinith,

this i checked by my self, but there is no information if its commeted out or not. I think i need to test it. Would be fine if it is documented.

Best wishes,