Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Security Login Help

windycity_1

Hello everyone, thanks in advance for your assistance.  I hope someone can assist me here. I am also running into the same issue here, I am trying to create an admin user here with full previleages, I keppt running into these errors. I have tried multiple ways, still getting the smae errors. Can someone be kind enough to help here These are my errors.

cluster1::> security login create -vserver -vserver vs1 John.Doe monitor -application ontapi -authmethod password -role vsadmin

Error: Missing value for -vserver.

cluster1::> security login create -vserver -vserver1 John.Doe monitor -application ontapi -authmethod password -role vsadmin

Error: Vserver name: Invalid. The Vserver name must begin with a letter or an underscore. Maximum supported length: 41 if Vserver is type

"sync-source", 47 otherwise.

cluster1::> security login create -vserver vs1 John.Doe monitor -application http -authmethod cert -role admin

Error: "monitor" is an invalid value for field "-application <text>"

cluster1::> security login create -vserver vs1 John.Doe admin -application http -authmethod cert -role admin

Error: "admin" is an invalid value for field "-application <text>"

ucluster1::> security login create -vserver vs1 John.Doe administrator -application ssh -authmethod cert -role admin

Error: "administrator" is an invalid value for field "-application <text>"

ucluster1::> security login create -vserver vs1 John.Doe vsadmin -application ssh cert -role admin

Error: "vsadmin" is an invalid value for field "-application <text>"

ucluster1

Thanks everyone for your assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Naveenpusuluru

Hi @windycity_1

Please follow the below command to create user with admin privalleges.

WBNETAPPCL01::> security login create -user-or-group-name bob -application ssh -authentication-method password -role admin -vserver Cluster1

Please enter a password for user 'bob':
Please enter it again:

The above command is for CLI, if you want to provide GUI and Service processor access to the same user> Please us ethe below commands.

security login create -user-or-group-name bob -application ontapi  -authentication-method password -role admin -vserver WBNETAPPCL01

security login create -user-or-group-name bob -application http -authentication-method password -role admin -vserver WBNETAPPCL01

For service process console

security login create -user-or-group-name bob -application service-processor -authentication-method password -role admin -vserver WBNETAPPCL01

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

colsen

Assuming you want this admin account to be a cluster admin (vs. scoped to a single SVM) you'd run the following:

security login create -vserver <cluster name> John.Doe -application http -authmethod cert -role admin
security login create -vserver <cluster name> John.Doe -application console -authmethod cert -role admin
security login create -vserver <cluster name> John.Doe -application ontapi -authmethod cert -role admin
security login create -vserver <cluster name> John.Doe -application service-processor -authmethod cert -role admin
security login create -vserver <cluster name> John.Doe -application ssh -authmethod cert -role admin

Just makes sure you specify the base cluster for the <cluster name> argument above.  You used "cert" as the authmethod in your examples (so I re-used it above) - was that intentional and you're planning on doing a certificate exchange for this account?  If you're planning on re-usable password for access specify "password" in that argument.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Naveenpusuluru

Hi @windycity_1

Please follow the below command to create user with admin privalleges.

WBNETAPPCL01::> security login create -user-or-group-name bob -application ssh -authentication-method password -role admin -vserver Cluster1

Please enter a password for user 'bob':
Please enter it again:

The above command is for CLI, if you want to provide GUI and Service processor access to the same user> Please us ethe below commands.

security login create -user-or-group-name bob -application ontapi  -authentication-method password -role admin -vserver WBNETAPPCL01

security login create -user-or-group-name bob -application http -authentication-method password -role admin -vserver WBNETAPPCL01

For service process console

security login create -user-or-group-name bob -application service-processor -authentication-method password -role admin -vserver WBNETAPPCL01

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

windycity_1

Thank you, Thank you and, thank you to everyone who has taken time from their busy schedule to assist.

Thanks again

Windycity_1

Naveenpusuluru

Hi @windycity_1

Please chosse the answer as accepted solution, which resolved your issue. That will help other in future. If you want i can assist you in that.

Public