Subscribe

Snapvault update with ONTAP PowerShell?

I have many OSSV snapvault relationships established and wanted to know if the toolkit has the snapvault update function?

Re: Snapvault update with ONTAP PowerShell?

Hello, Marc.

The 'snapvault update' command is equivalent to the Data ONTAP API 'snapvault-secondary-initiate-incremental-transfer'.  This API is supported by the PowerShell Toolkit's Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer cmdlet.

When I wrote the SnapVault cmdlets, I tested OSSV relationships from the Data ONTAP (i.e. secondary) side.  I was able to create and update SnapVault relationships as expected.

You can see the full list of SnapVault cmdlets by issuing 'Get-NaHelp -Category snapvault'.

Exactly the info I was looking for, thanks.  BTW - Why not do an Invoke-Snapvaultupdate? it would be consistent with the invoke-snapmirrorupdate.

It would be really cool to also have a |. "Get-Na Snapvault | Invoke-SnapvaultUpdate "

Snapvault update with ONTAP PowerShell?

Cmdlet naming is always a challenge, but as the Microsoft PowerShell team is fond of saying, "To ship is to choose"!

It would be really cool to also have a |. "Get-Na Snapvault | Invoke-SnapvaultUpdate "

Agreed on pipelining SnapVault objects to Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer.  That didn't make the cut for 1.5, but it's already in 1.6.

Hi Clinton,

Got a question on the SnapVault update cmdlet. From the cli you can specify the -w option, so execution waits for completion of the transfer. Apperently this option didn;t make in 1.7. Can you please add this option also to the cmlet?

BR,

Ronald

If you are scripting this, you can actually achieve the equivalent now.  After calling Start-NaSnapvaultSecTransfer, then you go into a wait loop:

while ( Get-NaSnapvaultSecStatus -Path [mypath] | ? { $_.Status -ine "idle" } )

{

Write-Host "Waiting for SV Transfer to finish..."

Start-Sleep -seconds 30

}

#  Continue on from here in your script

Yep! figured that one out as a workaround already!

Thanks anyway!

Grtz,

Ronald