Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Some commands aren't working at Ontap version 7.3.7P3

tsener

Hi all ,

Some commands aren't working at Ontap version 7.3.7P3

is it normal ?

Get-NaVolSpace vol0

Get-NaVolFootprint vol0

how can I run that commands at ontap version 7.3.7P3 ? or what is the minimum ontap version requirements of the commands ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NAYABSK

HI, 

Although your toolkit is latest i see your ontap is pretty old version... As per my knowledge 

Get-NaVolSpace  &  Get-NaVolFootprint  supports only from Ontap 8.2 version ( I tried these commands in earlier version of ontap 8.1 but didn't work and then i tried it on 8.2 and worked ) So i suggest you to upgrade it to 8.2 7-Mode to make best use to powershell toolkit 🙂 

I tried to find documentation on this but it seems difficult because every toolkit release notes has the changes made to that version of powershell but it wouldn't be mentioned on which version of Ontap

Thanks,

Nayab

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NAYABSK

Hi,

It is not supported in the version (7.3.7 ) of ontap you are using because the Get-NaVolSpace cmdlet uses the API volume-space-list-info-iter-start, next, end ( Please refer to Get-NaCommand ) available only from ontap version 8.2

Thanks,

Nayab

**** If my reply helped you to resolve your issue, Please help to mark it as solution to help other****

tsener

Hi NAYABSK ,

has it  same problem at "Get-NaVolFootprint" command ?

Get-NaVolSpace vol0

Get-NaVolFootprint vol0

is there any documentation about command's supported versions ?

how can I find other command's supported ontap versions ?

Thank you.

NAYABSK

Hi, 

May i know the toolkit version you are using ?

Thanks,

Nayab

tsener

Hi NAYABSK ,

the powershell toolkit version is 4.2 (latest)

NAYABSK

HI, 

Although your toolkit is latest i see your ontap is pretty old version... As per my knowledge 

Get-NaVolSpace  &  Get-NaVolFootprint  supports only from Ontap 8.2 version ( I tried these commands in earlier version of ontap 8.1 but didn't work and then i tried it on 8.2 and worked ) So i suggest you to upgrade it to 8.2 7-Mode to make best use to powershell toolkit 🙂 

I tried to find documentation on this but it seems difficult because every toolkit release notes has the changes made to that version of powershell but it wouldn't be mentioned on which version of Ontap

Thanks,

Nayab

tsener

Hi NAYABSK,

Thanks for your help

Public