Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

Virtualization Data Analysis tool error - help!

rbrumpton

I've been using the Virtualization Data Collection and Analysis tool for a while now with pretty good success,I've had the occasional minor issue that required deleting a couple files, or splitting the data set to fix. I have recently had a customer do a 2 week collection that will NOT run. The Analysis tool gets through creating all the DeltaData_x.csv files, but then stops with the following error. I've never seen anything like it before and it looks like even the error message is mangled in some way because it seems recursive. I am using the version of the tool with the built in JRE, and have tried Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 already since I thought it could be a Windows 7 thing. Anyone have debug flags or something that I could use to get more info?

S:\ppm performance\collectoranalyzer>startAnalyzerUI.bat

[ Thu Mar 18  21:33:23 CDT 2010 ] ERROR  [CounterGeneratorUI : getCounterNameValueMap : ?]  : can not generate hashMap because counterName and counterValue due to the mismatch between counterName and counterValue

[ Thu Mar 18  21:33:23 CDT 2010 ] ERROR  [AnalysisProcessedDataUI : getHostPropFromCSV : ?]  : Exception thrown!

com.netapp.perf.vsizer.common.VSizerException: can not generate hashMap because

counterName and counterValue due to the mismatch between counterName and counterValue

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.analysis.CounterGeneratorUI.getCounterNameValueMap(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.analysis.AnalysisProcessedDataUI.getHostPropFromCSV(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.analysis.SeqRandAggregationUI.categorizeDriverFromFiles(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.analysis.SeqRandAggregationUI.generateSeqRand(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.gui.analysis.AnalyzerProcess.startSeqRand(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.gui.analysis.AnalyzerMainUIFrame$RunAnalyzer.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[ Fri Mar 19  11:43:50 CDT 2010 ] ERROR  [AnalyzerMainUIFrame$RunAnalyzer : run: ?]  : Exception thrown!

com.netapp.perf.vsizer.common.VSizerException: can not generate hashMap because counterName and counterValue due to the mismatch between counterName and counterValue

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.analysis.CounterGeneratorUI.getCounterNameValueMap(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.analysis.AnalysisProcessedDataUI.getHostPropFromCSV(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.analysis.SeqRandAggregationUI.categorizeDriverFromFiles(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.analysis.SeqRandAggregationUI.generateSeqRand(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.gui.analysis.AnalyzerProcess.startSeqRand(Unknown Source)

at com.netapp.perf.vsizer.gui.analysis.AnalyzerMainUIFrame$RunAnalyzer.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

10 REPLIES 10

__ple_15582

Hello,

I have the same issue.

When I try to analyze the data collected . I have this error : can not generate hashmap because CounterName and CounterValue due to the mismatch between counterName and counterValue.

Have you an answer, a solution ?

Philippe

amiller_1

Hmm....is S: a local drive? I had an issue running it in VMware Fusion until I put it locally on C: (and not on a Shared Folder from my Mac).

__ple_15582

No. I used my Windows Visa Entreprise SP2 laptop and his local driveC:

rbrumpton

In my case S: was a mapped drive to a share, but I did get the same result running off C:\ on the same test machines. It seems to be something in the data that causes this, but the error message is redundant and unhelpful.

pascal_dewild

Same problem over here. Had data collector running at a customer for a week, and no result now. Just ran the collector on a local system, with the same result.

Data is held in a non-space-containing folder on the local C: drive. I'm using the package with the JRE included.

So has anyone found the problem and fixed this already?

sven_gaertner

I am having the same Problem. My Analysis and Collector Tool is running on C:\netapp

Can anyone help me??

nd

I have exactly the same problem ? Did you find a solution ?

mario_grunert

I have the same issue too, any workarround welcome.

mario_grunert

I succesful could analyse my data on a US Win XP SP3 - seems a language conflict.

AKOS_KUCZI

Solution is from Mario.

If  regional setting is US it is ok..

Public