Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

What is Controller Latency in SCOM

ERKANAKSOY

Hello,

In our environment we have SCOM 2012, NetApp package installed and i see a lot of Controller Latency errors. According to SCOM controller latency should be between 5-10ms. I really wonder meaning of "Controller Latency". For example is there any command to view "Controller Latency" in ONTAP?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ERKANAKSOY

After working on this with local NetApp support we found that Controller Latency can be retrieved with the following command in terminal :

stats show system:system:sys_avg_latency

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JSHACHER11

High latency can be caused by a lot of factors; over utilized disks, CPU, congested network, etc

Though SCOM/MyAutosupport/OCUM could give some information, the best analysis would be to collect stats with the Perfstat tool and let NetApp analyze it

- there are plenty of ONTAP commands to show performance but you have to understand how to interpurt them

- 5 ms latency is not bad. Even for the most sensitive applications

ERKANAKSOY

What I mean is after 2 years of NetApp administration, I never heard controller latency. Of course I know what is LUN latency, Volume latency ... but not controller latency. What is it really?

ERKANAKSOY

After working on this with local NetApp support we found that Controller Latency can be retrieved with the following command in terminal :

stats show system:system:sys_avg_latency

Public