Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

get-navolsis out of memory

JGPSHNTAP

Running 4.3

I'm looping through all my controllers 100+ and i start to get this error

get-navolsis : Not enough memory for reply value, but command completed successfully                                      At C:\powershell\f_dashboard.ps1:60 char:9                                                                           + $dupe = get-navolsis                                                                                                    +         ~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                                                                        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (filer.domain.com:NaController) [Get-NaVolSis], EONTAPI_ENOMEM       + FullyQualifiedErrorId : VolumeListInfoFailed,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Sis.GetNaVolSis                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

I've never got this before and i'm going to try an older version 3.x to see if i get it there.

Can someone else verify this ..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JGPSHNTAP

Andrew -

Would you agree i should be able to do this

$dedupe =[math]::round(((get-navolsis | measure -property sizesaved -sum).sum/1gb),2)

I then dump out $dedupe each time I write that

I didn't mean to mark this as a solution

Basically i can loop that line through all my controllers and dump it out each time..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

asulliva

This sounds like a PowerShell error.  Are you storing all of the returned values into a single variable?  Would it be more prudent to iterate over the results in real-time in a loop vs collecting them and then iterating over the full result?

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JGPSHNTAP

Andrew -

Would you agree i should be able to do this

$dedupe =[math]::round(((get-navolsis | measure -property sizesaved -sum).sum/1gb),2)

I then dump out $dedupe each time I write that

I didn't mean to mark this as a solution

Basically i can loop that line through all my controllers and dump it out each time..

asulliva

Yes, that should definitely work, at least on the surface.

I was curious if you were doing something like:

$dedupeInfo = Get-NaVol | Get-NaVolSis

for all 100+ controllers, which would create a very large variable (and presumably eat a lot of memory on your desktop).

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JGPSHNTAP

^^

Nah, each time i'm dumping dedup out in the loop.

No big deal, what I had to do was for each volume get it and dump it each time.  Not a horrible solution, but its working...

Public