NetApp Learning Services Discussions

How to prepare for the NS0 155 without spending a ton of money?

SpaceInvader

I've have just been moved over to the storage team at my current job, I came over from the backups team but I have no storage experince. So to accelarate my learning I want to get certified starting with 7-Mode NS0-155 (then eventually NS0-157). The issue is that the Netapp recommened training contains two WBT courses and two ILT coureses which includes a 5 days course. I cannot afford $4500 to train for a cert, is their any other ways I can properly prepare of the exam for free or atleast more affordable? 

5 REPLIES 5

georgevj

Hi, 

Welcome to NetApp world.!

There is no strict requirement of attending any course for NS0 exams, though it may help you prepare faster. 

If you cannot afford the cost, I would suggest reading the admin guide thoroghly, and practicing the commands by yourself. Spend some time learning, and you may get some sample questions from internet too. Its important to understand the concepts, learn the product and technologies and be familiar with the commands before you attempt to write the exam.

For practice, you may download the Data ONTAP simulator from http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/tools/simulator/ontap/8.X/

Simulator comes with eval licenses, and you can try most of the feaures except FCP and HA.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

SpaceInvader

Is the NS0-145 a waste of time or is it a good cert for a beginner like I to start off with?

georgevj

That depends upon your experiance. fresh graduates and experience admins are not to be evaulated at the same scale, right? If I were you, I would skip an associate exam. Hope you got the point. 🙂

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

JamesIlderton

I'd also check with your new team, many times NetApp will throw in free training credits with system purchases that can be used for these classes and they may have some on file.  I would say that getting the NS0-145 (NCSA) may be helpful if you have little to no storage system admin experience, but getting hands-on in your environent will be the best training really.  Ask if you have a lab system or if they can spin you up a VM version to play with if possible. Good luck and welcome to the club!

sofitapaul

you do not need money to pass NS0 155 certification, have good efforts to understand the concept and lots of practice can help you better in final exam. Read the admin guide and practice with commands can help you a lot. Later you can opt for NS0 158 certification

Public