NetApp Learning Services Discussions

NCSIE NS0-181 vs NCSIE NS0-180

Zulhadi

Hi. Just for asking. I'm planning to take an exam for Netapp Certificate for Netapp Certified Storage Installation Engineer and now i noticed the code of exam have changed from NS0-180 to NS0-181. So, my question is :

1) Is it any different format of exam for this code's?

2) Any material preparation that i can get for my preparation for this exam?

3) Is it suffiecient if the material that refer only from netapp learningcenter? (http://www.netapp.com/us/services-support/university/certification/ncsie/index.aspx)

Hope anyone here can sharing info about this. Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

Zulhadi

hi PF..

Congratulation to you for passed the exam. So, all the questions asked in the exam all covered in ngc-reference-guide? So, i need to focus all the reference documentation. As i mentioned, i not very experience on NetApp ONTAP and mostly for current my studying on this product based on reading and also through some online video.

PEDROFERNANDES

Morning!

The focus on the exam, is reflected on the reference guide. Thats the goal of it. As Greg said before, the exam will test your knowledge further than the classroom/videos etc. There are topics that you will recognize them when you have experience in the field. Keep on track.

Sebastian_Goetze

But please, please, please don't try to do just theory!

This is the Installation exam. I'm teaching a MCCIIW course right now, and the engineer at one of the students sites completely messed up the MCC-2n install.

• wrong cabling
  • wrong configuration
  • disks not correctly assigned (there was even a "foreign aggregate")
  • disk firmware not up-to-date
  • unable to answer basic questions

He will probably be banned from the customer site!

An NCSIE is the face of NetApp at a customer site. He can be the cause for the customer to be happy camper, or to flee to a different vendor!

Please don't just be a "paper NCSIE"!

Sebastian

NCI (NetApp Certified Instructor)

https://www.youracclaim.com/users/sebastian-goetze

Zulhadi

Hi PF,

any specifics recommendation reading material or any discussion forum that i can join to passed this exam other that all references list provided in netapps? As you know, the need to read for all reference material is quite intensive and hard to memorize because too many things need to take note.

I already taken 2 times for NCSIE exam, and both failed with mark is 60%. I until now still confiusing since don't know which one that i answer wrongly. Hope any input from you can guide me to prepare on next re-seat exam. Thank

Regards,

Mohd Zulhadi

GregH

This is to let you know that the Reference Document has been updated. It may take some time to show and/or you may need to clear your cache to view the updates.

Greg Hyman

NetApp Certification and Accreditation Program Manager

ghyman@netapp.com

Public