NetApp Learning Services Discussions

Netapp Provisional Pass ?

NAYABSK

Hi All, 

I have jus completed my NS0-157 and i have secured a pass percentage of 66% which is also minimum pasing score, I have noticed my grade as PROVISIONAL PASS and i read a notes stating final results will be communicated in 3 business days ?

Is this fine shall i confirm myself as cleared the certification ? Or did anybody has any experience ?

Thanks,

Nayab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GregH

Hello Nayab,

As part of our efforts to protect the integrity and value of the NetApp certification, the NetApp Certification Program (NCP) implemented Provisional Exam Scoring for all proctored exams effective May 1, 2015.

This means that candidates who achieve a passing score receive a ‘Provisional Exam Score Report’ after completing their NCP exam at a Pearson VUE test center. Note that the score included on this report is not final. NetApp then performs industry standard statistical analyses on all exam results to ensure compliance with the NetApp Certification Program Candidate Agreement and NCP exam security policies.

After the results have been analyzed

• Exam results that are determined valid are available in CertCenter within 72 hours of exam delivery.
  • Exam results that are identified as aberrant and outside an acceptable statistical range are invalidated due to NetApp’s inability to prove with certainty that the candidate has demonstrated valid measures of their ability as sampled by the exam.  The candidate is notified via email of exam retake options, if applicable.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Greg Hyman

NetApp Certification and Accreditation Program Manager

ncp@netapp.com

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Tirthaghy

From my understanding, NetApp now gives provisoinal pass to all candidates. They do a verification, and give out final pass in 3 days.

GregH

Hello Nayab,

As part of our efforts to protect the integrity and value of the NetApp certification, the NetApp Certification Program (NCP) implemented Provisional Exam Scoring for all proctored exams effective May 1, 2015.

This means that candidates who achieve a passing score receive a ‘Provisional Exam Score Report’ after completing their NCP exam at a Pearson VUE test center. Note that the score included on this report is not final. NetApp then performs industry standard statistical analyses on all exam results to ensure compliance with the NetApp Certification Program Candidate Agreement and NCP exam security policies.

After the results have been analyzed

• Exam results that are determined valid are available in CertCenter within 72 hours of exam delivery.
  • Exam results that are identified as aberrant and outside an acceptable statistical range are invalidated due to NetApp’s inability to prove with certainty that the candidate has demonstrated valid measures of their ability as sampled by the exam.  The candidate is notified via email of exam retake options, if applicable.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Greg Hyman

ncp@netapp.com

NAYABSK
Thank you so much for the clarification and guess what I have received mail from Netapp stating my certification is approved now I'm a certified C-dot engineer

GregH

Congrats!

schaudhary

Hi Guys,

I have taken netapp NS0-157 after about an 8 months study. I got a provisional pass. I have read that Netapp will do statistical analysis of Exam. Not sure what does that mean. The what is the acceptable rate of score for passing exam. Any idea?

With Regards,

GregH

Hello Schaudhary.

A provisional pass means that  you did successfully achieve the necessary passing score for taking the exam. As you pointed out, every passing exam receives a grade of "provisional pass" until our statistical analytics can be completed. As long as no discrepiences are found during this analysis, the grade changes from provisional to "pass". You will be able to see the status in your CertCenter account (www.netapp.com/certcenter). It can take up to 5 business days for the analysis to complete and the score to be updated.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Greg Hyman
ghyman@netapp.com

udayya

Hello Team,

I have completed my NS0-146 Certification and the passing score is 68% and my score is 70% and see Provisional Pass. Does this mean that i have completed certification ? When do I get the certificate ?

Thanks,

Udayan

OrlandoU

Is normal, is a Netapp Certification Program policy.

Warm regards

udayya

Thank You OrlandU

GregH

Hello Udayan,

A provisional pass means that  you did successfully achieve the necessary passing score for taking the exam. Every passing exam receives a grade of "provisional pass" until our statistical analytics can be completed. As long as no discrepiences are found during this analysis, the grade changes from provisional to "pass". You will be able to see the status in your CertCenter account (www.netapp.com/certcenter). It can take up to 5 business days for the analysis to complete and the score to be updated.

You can access CertCenter (www.netapp.com/certcenter) to view and print your certificate.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Greg Hyman
ghyman@netapp.com

Public