NetApp Learning Services Discussions

difference between implementation, support, installation engineer and storage admin ...

infonet

Hello,

I was looking at this page: http://www.netapp.com/us/services-support/university/certification/index.aspx and I wasn't able to understand differences between all of these titles. I am primary nterested in ONTAP devices (no E-series). Is there document or presentation which clearly explain differences (except title :-)) so we can decide which path is actually good for us?

Thank you,

D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GregH

Hello D,

The certifications are listed by job role. You'll notice that they are grouped by Implementation Engineer, Storage Administrator, Support Engineer, Installation Engineer, and Converged Infrastructure. When you click on the individual links, it will provide more information about the targetted audience. The first tab (Overview) will present you with a brief summary of what the exam covers, the second tab (Prepare) shows how to prepare for the exams and the third tab (Exam) lists the topics covered on the exams. You should find the answer to your questions by exploring deeper.

I hope that this answers your inquiry, please feel free to post more questions here or email me directly.

Greg Hyman

NetApp Certification and Accreditation Program Manager

ghyman@netapp.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GregH

Hello D,

The certifications are listed by job role. You'll notice that they are grouped by Implementation Engineer, Storage Administrator, Support Engineer, Installation Engineer, and Converged Infrastructure. When you click on the individual links, it will provide more information about the targetted audience. The first tab (Overview) will present you with a brief summary of what the exam covers, the second tab (Prepare) shows how to prepare for the exams and the third tab (Exam) lists the topics covered on the exams. You should find the answer to your questions by exploring deeper.

I hope that this answers your inquiry, please feel free to post more questions here or email me directly.

Greg Hyman

NetApp Certification and Accreditation Program Manager

ghyman@netapp.com

infonet

Hello Greg,

yep, I am able to see that but still would be nice if you have one PDF where is everything listed with recommendations and path selections. Netapp has best support in industry ( I am dealing with like 30 different vendors) and I will welcome some kind of simplification and visual representation which path to take :-))))

Thank you for your input.

D.

GregH

Hi D,

This is an interesting request that I am looking into. I hope to get back to you with something along the lines of what you're requesting.

Greg Hyman

Public