Subscribe
Accepted Solution

2012 R2 User Profile Disks

Hey guys,

Anyone got 2012 R2 user profile disks working with SMB3 on NetApp cDOT? I know it requires SMB3 but it doesn't seem to work when setting up on cDOT Smiley Sad

I've got a SMB3.0 enabled CIFS server, I know that it works as it is currently used for Hyper-V SMB 3.0

A share has been added for UPD, as a test I set everyone full for share and NTFS permissions

I go into server manager and add the share - making sure I use the CIFS server name rather than an alias (beleive this is a requirement for SMB3 to work)

Tried enabling and disabling "Enable continuous availability" just to check that option out

When adding I get 

Could not create the template VHD. Error Message: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA).

Doing some research this is due to SMB3 support - lots of people say setup a full 2012 R2 share, which I can do via a LUN but i'd rather not if possible.

Is the NetApp CIFS compatible with 2012 R2 UPD's? Has anyone got this working?

Re: 2012 R2 User Profile Disks

[ Edited ]

Refer KB https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2021521

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

Re: 2012 R2 User Profile Disks

Ok thanks for the information, time to make a design decision about the profile placement Smiley Happy