Network and Storage Protocols

Administering /vol/vol0/etc with no NFS or CIFS license.

alexjohnston2

Hi

I have a clustered Filer that only is used for FCP and has no NFS or CIFS license. I am trying to put ssh keys on it in the /vol/vol0/etc/sshd/ directory. This involves makeing the /vol/vol0/etc/sshd/root directory. Even though you can still access it through CIFS as the Administrator user, everytime I try and create a direcory i get the following error message:

cifs.access.license.unlicensed:ALERT]: CIFS: LICENSE VIOLATION - attempt to create a file for a CIFS client on a filer licensed for FCP.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this without getting temporary licenses?

Thanks

Alex.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adamfox

You can set up the ftp server on the controller. That's probably the most straight forward way to do it. There are ways you can read and write text files via the ONTAP API but that would require more work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

adamfox

You can set up the ftp server on the controller. That's probably the most straight forward way to do it. There are ways you can read and write text files via the ONTAP API but that would require more work.

unixservices

you could use rd and wrfile

adamfox

Yep. That works too, espeically if you are only doing this occasionally. It's ugly, but effective.

alexjohnston2

Hi

FTP does the trick. I don't think wrfile would have worked for me as I needed to create directories.

To enable it use the following command

options ftpd.enable on

Please note that it uses the password hash found in the /vol/vol0/etc/passwd, not what you use for your normal root login. To set the password need to create a hash with the following command.

cifs password MyPassword

You can then put this hash in the /etc/passwd (I was able to use CIFS for this).

Thanks for the help

Alex.

Public