Network and Storage Protocols

Appling Cifs Share Permissions through System Manager Does not Recognize AD Groups

gibsonc390

I have a odd issue that I am hoping someone can help me with. I am using System Manager 1.1.R1 (1.1.0.464) to apply permissions to a Cifs share which is located in a Windows 2003 Active Directory Domain.

Through the System Manager Active Directory search window it only finds user objects but will not display group objects. When I just check groups in the filter settings and click find now no results are displayed. However, I can get results when I select users.

When I open the native active directory snap-in it displays groups and users as expected. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Can you kindly shed some light on what my issues might be?

Thanks you in advance

Chris

1 REPLY 1

Darkstar

This is apparently a bug in system manager. It should be fixed in the next version (2.0).

Meanwhile you can use the CLI interface ("cifs access" command) or the computer management MMC plugin (start->run, "compmgmt.msc", right-click your hostname and select "manage other server" or whatever it is called, enter the hostname of your filer and modify your shares there)

-Michael

Public