Network and Storage Protocols

CIFS ACCESS ISSUE

GUVNIJJAR

I have a question on CIFS.  We have user$ share setup which contains all users home directory.  The users home directories contains authenticated users which have read and execute rights in their security permissions , which is not good as everyone can see each others home directories.   The authenticated users security right is inherited from the users$ share,as someone by mistake must have added the authenticated users right in the users$ share when created.   How can I now remove the authenticated users right from everyones users home directory security, and also when new home directories are setup they dont have this access as well.   I am worried if I remove the authenticated user right from the users$ share security permissions,  it will propagnate down to the users homes directory but will also remove the users own security rights to home directory as well.

Is there best way of doing this.

1 REPLY 1

crocker

Hi,

Since you have not gotten an answer, you may want to ask this question in the NetApp Support Community.  The current customers, partners and internal Subject Matter Experts are addressing technical product questions there.

Mike

Public