Network and Storage Protocols

CIFS error PDCBROKEN & STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERERS

leighm

Hi all,

Hoping i can get some assistance with a problem I have, I am trying to join a filer running 7.3.5.1 to a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 domain, it seems to join fine but we keep getting various errors. I have attached a log of the steps on the NAS that i have tried

To summarise though

Deleted the Computer object from Active Directory

CIFS Terminate

CIFS Setup

<refer to attachment for setup steps>

Verified that Computer object was in active directory which it was

CIFS domaininfo yields all the correct information however under preferred addresses it states PDCBROKEN

Ping DC01 works correctly

Ping DC02 works correctly

Ping Domain works correctly

CIFS testdc looks good

CIFS lookup test no so good - Unable to create NETLOGON pipe No Trusted Logon Server Available - STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS

No obvious errors in AD but still investigating.

Cheers,

Leigh

8 REPLIES 8

leighm

Just to add a few other things I have tried the following KB articles

KB2010756 with no success

KB2010717 with no success

t_kumar

i am a little surprised to see that yur cifs testdc came clean when you had the PDCbroken status. were you able to fix this pdcbroken status?

kodavali

During the setup it is unable to pull the AD Groups. verify the DNS configuration and prefdc configurations then run "cifs resetdc".

kodavali

During the setup it is unable to pull the AD Groups. verify the DNS configuration and prefdc configurations then run "cifs resetdc".

t_kumar

what is the impact of reconnect  to the domain? does this make any configuration change or just logout and login again?

kodavali

It is to reset the connectivity to DC and connect back. This will not change any configuration.

marlon_soudatt

No configuration changes will be made.

marlon_soudatt

I had this very problem yesterday with 2 of 26 vfilers. Running cifs setup and the vfiler wizard fixed the issue.

Public