Network and Storage Protocols

Cifs shares management

qqjd

Dear all,

We have an AD-support-group that needs share management capabilities to support managing CIFS-Shares and sessions and open files. De group is called DOMAIN\ShareAdmins. What they should be able to do is:

- Manage CIFS shares (listing/creating/deleting/set Share ACL..) via the Windows Computer manager (MMC).- Manage sessions and open files.

- Set file and folder security. Copy/Move files...

- They should not have full BUILTIN\Administrators capabilities!

I know that the BUILTIN\Power Users can do some of that. But if we added users to this group and now they only can add new shares but not manage existing shares. They also can not manage CIFS sessions and files. I also know that I can add a local user/group/role with useradmin that has cifs capabilities.  I would expect that if i map the DOMAIN\ShareAdmins-group to a local user-group with cifs capabilities and add it to the BUILTIN\Power Users this would do the thing but i probably did something wrong or this is not the way to go.

Could someone descibe how to configure such a support group?

This group should also be able to add and remove user quota entries from the Netapp Management Console. But this more like a Bonus question.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

crocker

Hi,

Since you have not gotten an answer, you may want to ask this question in the NetApp Support Community.  The current customers, partners and internal Subject Matter Experts are addressing technical product questions there.

Mike

qqjd

Hi,

I did place the question in the NetApp Support Community. (https://forums.netapp.com/thread/25915)  so this discussion can be closed.

grtz,

Jacques

Public