Network and Storage Protocols

DR settings for filer

domainservices

I've been searching both the knowledge base to find out where

1. iSCSI Initiator Groups

2. LUN Serial Numbers

are stored on the filer, the reason for my question, is we are looking at DR, and trying to test restoring systems at our DR site. I've found where the cifs share information is stored, but I am unable to find the data above.

Is it also true, that when a head is upgrade from a 3020 to 3040, the LUN serial numbers will change? I've noticed that the LUN serial numbers are different on our SnapMirror copies at our DR site, which has caused issues with the Disks being re-signatures by Windows, causing Win2k3 clustering issues, unless we've made sure these LUN serial numbers are indentical to production LUN serial numbers.

Why do LUN serial numbers change?

1 REPLY 1

jooss

The igroup information is storage internally and is available through the CLI (igroup command) and the API calls.

There is no other supported or documented method to access this information.

> Is it also true, that when a head is upgrade from a 3020 to 3040

Unfortunately this was true but has been fixed with the 7.2.4 release.

Starting with 7.2.4 the serial number will not change when the controller is updated.

> I've noticed that the LUN serial numbers are different on our SnapMirror copies at our DR site, .....

> Why do LUN serial numbers change?

This is by design to provide data integrety. When ever LUNs change "locale" (volume, storage system, etc...) the serial numbers are changed. There is currently no method to retain the original serial numbers. It is possible to set the serial #'s to the original values using the "lun serial" command or api.

Public