Network and Storage Protocols

FAS -> S Series SnapMirror

evanbatt603

Is replication from a FAS source (FAS2020 or 2050) to an S Series (S550) using SnapMirror possible?

4 REPLIES 4

meyer

Evan - the S family does not officially support SnapMirror from FAS. You can recovery data but we don't allow continuous repetitive jobs to be set up.

What's your interest in such an arrangement?

evanbatt603

I have a small customer that has an availability and performance requirement that requires a FAS2000 series system, but due to budget constraints, the S550 would be an ideal platform for DR if it were possible/supported to SnapMirror from FAS to S-Series.

Do you know if this may be supported anytime in the future for very small SMB customers?

Thanks!

meyer

Gotcha. I'm assuming they have a remote site and want to use it as a physical DR location, but naturally it doesn't justify a FAS2000.

This kind of input is very useful. I can't promise that it will be available but we'll explore it. Hope that helps you steer your customer.

evanbatt603

Thanks! Yes, remote physical site, small number of servers (2 VM hosts w/ 7 guests), but a business requirement to recover from a disaster quickly.

Public