Network and Storage Protocols

FAS2020 Using Fibre Channel ports for IP communication

informatica

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to use FC ports of FAS2020 for IP communcation as iSCSI, like an "extension" of the ethernet ports. Is that possible or FC ports only allows FCP communication and not IP?

We are currently using exinting ethernet ports for NAS and we don't want to make and investiment in a FC infraestructure, we will only like to have more ports to use SAN functions with iSCSI. We have several switches with SFP ports which will allow us to connect the fibre links to our Ethernet/IP infraestructure but we don't if the FC ports of the FAS2020 can use IP protocol.

That's my doubt and perhaps it don't even has much sense but I'll thank your help.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vmsjaak13
Hello, 

I would like to know if it is possible to use FC ports of FAS2020 for IP communcation as iSCSI, like an "extension" of the ethernet ports. Is that possible or FC ports only allows FCP communication and not IP?

FC ports can't do IP.

Best regards,

Niek

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

vmsjaak13
Hello, 

FC ports can't do IP.

Best regards,

Niek

aborzenkov

No, that’s not possible. FC ports in FAS2020 cannot be connected to LAN switches.

Public