Network and Storage Protocols

How to create single name space with CIFS now VFM isn't about?

menzies

Hi All,

I have been getting quite a few queries recently from Partners wanting to put NetApp in place for CIFS but for customers who want to use DFS-R or create a single namespace across multiple sites.  In the past I would have pointed people lovingly towards VFM, now VFM is out of the picture I was wondering how other people who delivering the DFS-R functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

4 REPLIES 4

briangladstein

AutoVirt is worth checking out as a substitute for VFM. Like VFM, AutoVirt contains namespace functionality and data management tools all built together, but the namespace functionality is much more integrated and flexible.

Check out AutoVirt's swap-out program for VFM: http://www.autovirt.com/product/storagex-swapout-program.cfm

eric_krengel

Is this the only other product out at the moment?  I am too looking for other solutions, but would like to weigh all my options first.

Thanks.

edspiesautovirt

The only other solution that creates a namespace with CIFS is F5's ARX suite of appliances.  If you would like to learn a little more about AutoVirt, please feel free to contact me.

pascalduk

How about some tooling just to manage your DFS roots?

Public