Subscribe

Management Console no longer displays queue depth (system:pa_concurrency)

I had a custom view setup for queue depth (system:pa_concurrency).  It was working fine and then we upgraded to On Command 5.0.  Now the charts are blank and I get no data.  Tried deleting and re-creating with no luck.  I tried going to Setup - Hosts - and editing the data collection but when I look at system I don't see pa_concurrency (it is not listed as either disabled or enabled).  Not sure if it is supposed to be there or not?   Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!  Jeff

I think I just found a clue.  When I try to recreate the chart it shows pa_concurrency in italics (which means data collection is disabled).  So that is why I have no data.  Now.....to figure out how to turn it on since I did not see it as an option the last time I looked.

Counter "pa_concurrency" is a calculate stat counter, this counter value calculated using below counters.So, please make sure that perf data collection is enabled for below counters.

nfsv3_avg_op_latency

nfsv3_ops

nfsv4_avg_latency

nfsv4_ops

cifs_latency

cifs_ops

iscsi_read_latency

iscsi_read_ops

iscsi_write_latency

iscsi_write_ops

fcp_read_latency

fcp_read_ops

fcp_write_latency

fcp_write_ops

Regards,

Gireesh

Re: Management Console no longer displays queue depth (system:pa_concurrency)

Gireesh,

I have confirmed that Performance Advisor is collecting all of the counters you listed.  However, when I attempt to add the pa_concurrency counter to a chart, its still shown in italics.  When I move my mouse over the counter it states "...(Data collection currently disabled).".   What am I missing that enables the pa_concurrency counter in OnCommand 5.0?  My controllers are all ONTAP 8.1RC2.