NETAPP Security Solutions
2013-07-08 03:53 AM
I am looking at some netapp security features before I consider on getting one.
These are the security concerns that i need to verify
- Support director/switch based soft security zoning(director/switch + HBA/WWN) or switch based vlan segregation, IPSec, CHAP protocol (i know netapp has IPSec and CHAP, but what about vlan segregation?)
- Support disk controller based LUN masking at storage sub-system level (LUN + HBA/WWN) or iSCSI Qualified Name (IQN). ( I am guessing there is iQN)
- Support storage (hardware level) encryption ( this is yes)
- In-band storage configurations and management within SAN, preferred
- Unique key for every chassis or unique master key for a group of chassis
Please provide a simple yes or no and a link to support will be helpful... to backup my argument tks.
Solved! SEE THE SOLUTION
Re: NETAPP Security Solutions
2013-07-08 03:59 AM
1. Not sure what do you mean. All these features are external to storage as far as I can say.
3. There is at rest encryption. (information on hard disks is encrypted)
4. No in band FCP management, you need IP. It can share interfaces with NFS/iSCSI/CIFS though.
5. Not sure what do you mean. Of course you have unique serial number and some other unique identification. You also have unique SSH keys/SSL certificates. Could you give usage example?