Network and Storage Protocols

NetApp setup FTP userhome dir

kevinpeng

Hi All,

I need setup FTP userhome dir in my storage.

Example:

When I use account (win01) use FTP into  folder ,the work path is  in /vol/ftp/win01

When I use account (win02) use FTP into  folder ,the work path is  in /vol/ftp/win02

If login ftp with  account (win01) only can access /vol/ftp/win01 and can't access  /vol/ftp/win02.

Is NetApp support this function?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deepuj

HI,

To restrict FTP users to a specific directory, you can set the ftpd.dir.restriction option to on; otherwise, to let FTP users access the entire storage system, you can set the ftpd.dir.restriction option to off. By default, this option is on.

After you finish:

If you set the ftpd.dir.restriction option to on, you can use the ftpd.dir.override option to specify whether FTP users can access their home directories or a default directory.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

deepuj

HI,

To restrict FTP users to a specific directory, you can set the ftpd.dir.restriction option to on; otherwise, to let FTP users access the entire storage system, you can set the ftpd.dir.restriction option to off. By default, this option is on.

After you finish:

If you set the ftpd.dir.restriction option to on, you can use the ftpd.dir.override option to specify whether FTP users can access their home directories or a default directory.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public