Network and Storage Protocols

OnTap CIFS locks

darraghos

Hi guys,

I know you can clear cifs locks using the "locks" command form the cli. Is there any way to do this remotely from say an admin machine? I don't see a powersehll cmdlet for it (i suppose i could write my own using the API). ANy ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fjohn

You wil be able to do this in the Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit v1.3   This will include an Invoke-NaSsh cmdlet so that you can execute a console command for which no specific cmdlet exists from within your PowerShell scripts.

John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

radek_kubka

Hmm, what do you exactly mean by 'remotely'?

You can open a telnet / ssh session from virtually any remote machine to your filer & then type as many CLI commands as you wish

fjohn

You wil be able to do this in the Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit v1.3   This will include an Invoke-NaSsh cmdlet so that you can execute a console command for which no specific cmdlet exists from within your PowerShell scripts.

John

darraghos

Hi,

I should have been clearer. I want to script certain things via powershell so i would prefer not to have to create putty scripts. Powershell can use the security context of the user running the script so it suits my needs. I suppose i should have just asked that!

darraghos

any idea of when that kit is going to be available ?

fjohn

Mid-December.

John

Public