Network and Storage Protocols

OnTap Error Message Interpretation Question

kenyotsw
I am using OnTap 7.3, Here are messages I saw from the filer telnet session:

fas250-b> fpolicy

CIFS file policy is enabled.

File policy default (file screening) is enabled.

File screen servers              P/S Connect time (dd:hh:mm)  Reqs    Fails
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 192.168.2.142   \\KEN-II        Pri    00:00:01                 0        0
        Options enabled: version2

Operations monitored:
File open,File delete,File read,File write
 Above operations are monitored for NFS only

All operations are monitored for offline files only

List of extensions to screen:
 ???

List of extensions not to screen:
 Extensions-not-to-screen list is empty.

Number of requests screened          :  226
Number of screen failures            :  72
Number of requests blocked locally   :  0
Tue Sep  9 14:28:38 EDT [telnet_0:info]: root logged in from host: ken-ii.fcni.com
Tue Sep  9 14:31:53 EDT [registry_control:warning]: registry: Unexpected error in rollback in regx_commit - Error: Registry key does not exist (name=options.coredump.metadata_only) Error: Registry key does not exist (name=options.ip.tcp.slowstart_flightsize) Error: Registry key does not exist (name=options.autosupport.nht_data.max) Error: Registry key does not 
Tue Sep  9 14:31:53 EDT [reg.transaction.commitFail:warning]: registry: Cannot commit transaction in 'Periodic config update'. Error: Registry rejects bad value (name=options.cifs.audit.autosave.file.extension) (value=) Error: Registry rejects bad value (name=options.cifs.audit.autosave.ontime.interval) (value=)
Tue Sep  9 14:37:18 EDT [auth.trace.authenticateUser.loginTraceIP:info]: AUTH: Login attempt by user yken of domain FCNI from client machine 192.168.2.142 (KEN-II).
Tue Sep  9 14:37:18 EDT [auth.trace.spnegoAuthentication.statusMsg:info]: AUTH: SPNEGO- Attempting to map PC user to UNIX user yken.
Tue Sep  9 14:37:18 EDT [auth.trace.mapNTToUnix:info]: AUTH: Mapping Windows user yken to Unix user pcuser.
Tue Sep  9 14:37:18 EDT [auth.trace.authenticateUser.loginAccepted:info]: AUTH: Login by yken from 192.168.2.142 accepted.
Tue Sep  9 14:37:51 EDT [HTTPPool02:warning]: HTTP Authentication from 192.168.2.142 using NTLM failed

What do the following messages mean? 
Tue Sep  9 14:31:53 EDT [registry_control:warning]: registry: Unexpected error in rollback in regx_commit - Error: Registry key does not exist (name=options.coredump.metadata_only) Error: Registry key does not exist (name=options.ip.tcp.slowstart_flightsize) Error: Registry key does not exist (name=options.autosupport.nht_data.max) Error: Registry key does not 
Tue Sep  9 14:37:51 EDT [HTTPPool02:warning]: HTTP Authentication from 192.168.2.142 using NTLM failed

How do I fix them?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

akiendl

Hi,

I have not seen them so far. When do they occur? Right after upgrading to 7.3?

What commands did you type before the errors occured? Did someone work using filerview?

Regards,

ak.

mrydeenakorri

Hello,

We are currently running 7.3.1 and I am trying to use the NetApp Java library from the SDK to connect to my Filer. The call to the filer works:

NaServer server = new NaServer(172.16.0.102, 1, 0)

But when I issue my first request, I get an IOException saying connection was reset:

NaElement xi = new NaElement("system-get-info")

NaElement xo = server.invokeElem(xi)

And when I look in the syslog I see this message:

Wed Feb 18 13:01:20 EDT [HTTPPool03:warning]: HTTP Authentication from 172.16.0.50 using NTLM failed

As a side note, our other filer running 7.2.5.1 does not have this problem.

Thank you in advance,

Michael

nagendrk

What is the authentication mechanism you are trying to use? Can you post some more code related to authentication mechanism and transport protocol chosen.

mrydeenakorri

Nagendra,

Thank you for the response.  The only thing I set on the NaServer is the "setAdminUser" which allows me to set the username and password.  So basically I am using the defaults which I believe are:

NaServer.SERVER_TYPE_FILER

NaServer.TRANSPORT_TYPE_HTTP

NaServer.STYLE_LOGIN_PASSWORD

Curious thing is that the zexplorer works on my windows box with the same username and credentials, but on my development linux box it does not with the SDK Java API.

Here is the exception that I get.

IO Exception : 172.16.0.102 Connection reset
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:96)
    at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:124)
    at netapp.manage.http.HTTPMessage.write(HTTPMessage.java:327)
    at netapp.manage.http.HTTPClient.doRequest(HTTPClient.java:315)
    at netapp.manage.NaServer.invokeHTTP(NaServer.java:711)
    at netapp.manage.NaServer.invokeElem(NaServer.java:533)

Thank you,

Michael

rkiran

Micheal,

This doesn't seems to be Java SDK issue.You say that zexplorer works on your windows box with the same filer, you can see
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset errors if the client has exited without closing its connection due to some networking/firewall issue between your linux box and the Filer.Using ping, please check whether there are any packet drops between the client and the Filer .

Public