Network and Storage Protocols

Permission Denied - NFS Mount from linux host to Netapp Qtree/NFSExport w/ NTFS permissions

JLundfelt

I have an issue with a NFS export on a controller with a NTFS qtree and NTFS permissions. What's weird is that I can mount the export from a linux host, and browse the directory tree, but only while logged in as root. If I login with any other account, I can mount, but not browse the export-

Client Error

[spice@irv-dev-ieapi1 ~]$ cd /mnt/Omniture

-bash: cd: /mnt/Omniture: Permission denied

fcstab / mounts

Works

lv-gdc-san1b.prod.mycompany.com:/vol/Archive/PI/archive/export on /mnt/PIExport type nfs (rw,hard,intr,tcp,addr=10.20.96.101)

Doesn’t work

irv-gdc-san1a.corp.mycompany.com:/vol/Archive/DA/Omniture on /mnt/Omniture type nfs (rw,hard,intr,tcp,addr=10.228.26.100)

NetApp (irv-gdc-san1a)-

Qtree

Qtree         : DA

SecurityStyle : ntfs

Status        : normal

Volume        : Archive

Security      : ntfs

NFSExport

irv-gdc-san1a> wcc -u spice

Thu Nov  7 07:05:40 PST last message repeated 3 times

Thu Nov  7 07:05:42 PST [irv-gdc-san1a: auth.trace.authenticateUser.loginTraceMsg:info]: AUTH: LSA lookup: Lookup of account "mycompany\#pcuser#" failed: STATUS_NONE_MAPPED (0xc0000073).

Mapped user not found

Thu Nov  7 07:05:42 PST [irv-gdc-san1a: auth.trace.authenticateUser.loginTraceMsg:info]: AUTH: LSA lookup: Located account "mycompany\pcuser" in domain "mycompany"..

irv-gdc-san1a> wcc -u pcuser

(NT - UNIX) account name(s):  (KBB\pcuser - pcuser)

UNIX uid = 65534

NT membership

KBB\pcuser

KBB\KBBcomSP_ReadAccess

KBB\CDM_ITFileShare

KBB\WebBusAnalytics_Read_SP

KBB\Domain Users

KBB\CERTSVC_DCOM_ACCESS

BUILTIN\Users

User is also a member of Everyone, Network Users,

Authenticated Users

Usermap.cfg file-

#mycompany\"#pcuser" <= root

mycompany\"#pcuser" <= nz

mycompany\"#pcuser#" <= biadmin

mycompany\pcuser <= spice

#mycompany\"#pcuser#" <= *

I have tried every variation of syntax on the usermap.cfg file, and cannot get the configuration I need, for all unix users to get mapped to a windows account 'pcuser'. I have validated that account has permissions, and can get to that same location via CIFS from a windows system just fine. What's even more strange is that the mount that is working is going to a similar NetApp that doesn't even have any usermap.cfg, or passwd entries. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I definately don't want to change the qtree security style to Mixed or unix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

billshaffer

Does the AD username really have the hashes?  It didn't in the AD account snip....

If the NTFS ACL says everyone can read, that may be what is allowing root in, and the failure of the other users would be the lack of a working usermap.  In unix qtrees, root shouldn't have access unless the root= option is set, but it could be that because this is NTFS that is overridden.

But that doesn't explain why the system with no usermap works - unless your unix IDs are the same as your AD IDs, in which case the mapping is done automatically.  Or, if the default mapped user on the working system has access through the NTFS ACL, that would explain it too.  Which brings up a question - if the ACLs allow everyone read access, why are you trying to map the users?  I assumed the ACLs allowed only pcuser access, in which case it would make sense.

Bill

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Public