Network and Storage Protocols

Problem Accessing CIFS Shares

flash3313

We had to restart our FAS2020. Now, users are no longer able to access the shares we created. We can ping the ip address of the FAS, but when we do \\IP Address we cannot open up the share folder any more. Any ideas? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

reena

On the FAS Console, type "cifs domaininfo".

Reena

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

reena

Can you check the "CIFS domaininfo" on the FAS to see if anything abnormal in seeing the FAS participation in the domain ?

Reena

flash3313

Where am I looking to check that information?

reena

On the FAS Console, type "cifs domaininfo".

Reena

flash3313

Reena, thank you for your help. When I tyoed in CIFS Domaininfo, an error came back saying the time on the FAS was more than 5 minutes different from the domain. I fixed the time and now all the shares are working again. Thanks again!

dakenah_johnson

Reena,

thanks for the post. I am experiencing the same problem on my fas 2020. How do I correct the time?

Thanks,

Doc

addanki

Use the command “date” to manually adjust the time.

Srinivas

sigmajdblock

It is good that you were able to set the time and regain access to your CIFS shares, but the best solution to this is to setup a NTP server or setup the FAS2020 to point at the same NTP server that your domain is getting it's time from.  This would keep your FAS2020 and your domain on the same time so the issue doesn't happen again.

John

Public