Network and Storage Protocols

SnapMirror over Multiple Paths

nsitps1976

Is it possible to use SM over multiple paths as to mirror half the volumes over one path and the other half over a second path on the SAME filer?

Looking at the backup and recovery guide snapmirror.conf file example suggests the all volumes would either multiplex over both interfaces or use the same active interface in the failover mode. It would be good if I could use failover mode and specify different active interfaces (using failover mode) for different SM relationships.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HENRYPAN2

Yes nsitps1976 ,

That's correct.

Happy Saturday

Henry

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HENRYPAN2

Hi nsitps1976 ,

It's possible if you creat 2 qtree under the volume. Each qtree have half the volume.

Good luck

Henry

nsitps1976

Sorry, I did not make myself clear. I am using a SAN environment in which LUNs do not reside with qtrees.

Your answer suggests you can have mutual connection entries  within snapmirror.conf (with different active interfaces) and then use these to create your snapmirror relationships (and hence split your volumes over two separate interfaces. Is this correct?

HENRYPAN2

Yes nsitps1976 ,

That's correct.

Happy Saturday

Henry

nsitps1976

Thanks Henry - I had already tried it out this morning with success. Thanks for the help, happy Saturday

Public