Network and Storage Protocols

Why is my vol0 has a qtree security of ntfs

mdvillanueva

Hi Experts,

help, I just realized that my vol0 qtree is showing as ntfs. Help, is this an issue? or will this be an issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

The wafl default security style is likely set to ntfs.  Not an issue if you are using windows.  If you use unix then likely set to unix.  you can also usermap between the two so not an issue but best to keep the same type as the host managing the system...  It can be changed and also the default language with options wafl.default_security_style

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

scottgelb

The wafl default security style is likely set to ntfs.  Not an issue if you are using windows.  If you use unix then likely set to unix.  you can also usermap between the two so not an issue but best to keep the same type as the host managing the system...  It can be changed and also the default language with options wafl.default_security_style

mdvillanueva

Hi Scott

Thanks again! So it does not affect anything whatsoever in the OnTap OS whether it is ntfs or Unix?

Also, anything I should watch out for or prepare or expect when I decide to change it to unix?

Maico

scottgelb

It won’t affect ontap…only the host access to files in vol0 though.

mdvillanueva

Hey Scott,

I am looking inside vol0 and I am seeing a folder there called vol. Looks to me like a trash that was left there by whoever set it up. All the OS files are in etc, correct?

I see home and .ha which I know are also there by default.

scottgelb

Vol0 by default has etc and home in the root of the volume.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Public