Network and Storage Protocols

cifs permission

TDUBB1234

I created a cifs share with

cifs shares -add test /vol/flexvol0

by default it has

everyone full control.

how do I remove this and add a specific group in AD?

9 REPLIES 9

aborzenkov

The simplest way is to use MMC from Windows client. Connect to filer and edit share permissions.

TDUBB1234

looka like i cant use a 64bit mmc to access it. only 32bit?

andrc

Login to CLI

cifs access test <groupname> Read/Change/Full Control

cifs access -delete test Everyone

aborzenkov

This would surprise me actually. Can you use 64 bit MMC to administer 32 bit Windows host?

andrc

TDUBB1234

so i was able to create a clone for a volume flexvol0 with some stuff in it

vol clone create flexclone0 -b flexvol0

now that i have create a clone volume, I tried to offline flexvol0 which is fine.

but I was not able to delete it. why is that? it says busy or it has a clone

also with my flexvol0 offline, I see flexclone0 is online but how do I access that? flexclone0 should have the same data as flexvol0.

andrc

That's because the cloned volume is based on a snapshot within flexvol0: https://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/ontap/rel7351/html/ontap/smg/GUID-0AA71756-9214-4C45-BF05-6DDAA9C97259.html

• You cannot destroy a parent volume if any clone of that volume exists.
  • You cannot create a FlexClone volume from a parent volume that has been taken offline, although you can take the parent volume offline after it has been cloned.

If you want to delete flexvol0 then you have to split off your cloned volume first: https://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/docs/ontap/rel7351/html/ontap/smg/GUID-574A2A95-8D42-449A-ABC9-7A1E9F6EC716.html

/vol/flexclone0 will contain data exactly as it was when the snapshot you based it on was created but you need to create CIFS shares or NFS exports on the volume for it to be accessed. If shares/exports have been cloned along with the volume then you would have multiple shares/exports with the same name.

TDUBB1234

ok thanks but what is the purpose of making a volume clone? since I have both snapshots running for flexvol0 and flexclone0, I dont see a need to restore flexvol0 from flexclone0  right?

what can i do with the flexclone0 volume?

andrc
Public