Network and Storage Protocols

fPolicy failed with error 0xc0020012

GRIGORISM

Hi,

I have following issue with my screen policy.

is anyone familiar with this error, and could explain what does it mean or how to solve it.

I suppose that this may related to MS-RPC NT_STATUS: RPC_NT_UNKNOWN_IF  - The interface is unknown.

but still do not know how to solve this.

Here is the log:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[fpolicy.fscreen.server.connecting.successful:info]: FPOLICY: File policy server xxxx registered with the filer as a server for policy xxxx successfully. 

[fpolicy.fscreen.server.requestError:error]: FPOLICY: An attempt to make a file screen request to server xxxx for policy xxxx failed with error [0xc0020012]. 

[cifs.server.infoMsg:info]: CIFS: Warning for server xxxx: Connection terminated. 

[fpolicy.fscreen.server.droppedConn:warning]: FPOLICY: File policy server xxxx for fscreen policy xxxx has disconnected from the filer. 

[fpolicy.fscreen.server.connectedNone:warning]: FPOLICY: File policy xxxx (file screening) is enabled but no servers are connected to perform file screening for this policy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

GRIGORISM

Hi,

I think the issue cased by some antivirus backup agent that was running on the system.

After stopping this service the connection to fpolicy screen was restored.

GRIGORISM

Hi again. 🙂

The issue was related to CommVault agent that was used to backup SQL database, and was running on the same server that was registred for fpolicy.

Thanks.

Grigori.

Jsteyskal

This was also the case with our setup. Involved no changes on the Netapp device. Once the Commvault services are running the Varonis screaning would cause the  0xc0020012 error every hour.

Once the Commvualt services are stopped Varonis worked fine.

Public