2010-06-03 12:08 PM
i am curious to know how can we perform a daily health check up on the netapp filers to confirm filers functioning properly & no issues.
please can any one share the thoughts on this or share any scripts on this what....?
Solved! SEE THE SOLUTION
2010-06-03 01:30 PM
Download a copy of System Manager and add your filer(s) in. Pretty sure it's free, check your software downloads page on NOW. You'll get a top view status like the screen in my attachment. From there, drill down as far as you want. It's an awesome tool.
2010-06-03 01:41 PM
It’s going to depend on a few factors:
· Size of environment
· Protocols used (in your case I’m assuming NFS and CIFS as you posted in File Services)
· Other infrastructure components you have in your environment
For contractual reasons I cannot share any scripts however here are some thoughts for a robust check up process for medium to large size implementations:
· Not all UIs, alerts are equal so a multi-tiered approach will ensure you keep your reputation as an excellent storage admin
· Consider forwarding the syslogs from your Filers to a central syslog repository and parse the file for key events (not all events will generate an SNMP alert so log review is critical)
· Where possible use Operations Manager to monitor your environment
· Where possible employ a SNMP trap receiver and alerting system to process and notify SNMP alerts
· Don’t rely on just the Filerview summary page. It doesn’t capture everything.
2010-06-03 02:29 PM
in my envioronment i have NFS & CIFS protocols..
is there any commands i can run everyday morning before i start my work on the filers( like check list i need to see on the filers) & see the healthy status of the filers...?
appreciated for answers or solutions..........