Network and Storage Protocols

ssh with active directory credentials without using domain name?

mjschneider

Hi,

I can SSH with active directory credentials to our filers by using "domain\username".  I'd like to set something like the "base domain name" to allow admins to login without having to specify the domain name.  I see quite a few options that seem like they all could all do the trick under options ldap, but I've only setup AD authentication using 'cifs setup'. 

Is there a simple way to accomplish this?  I'd prefer to not mess with options.ldap* if at all possible.

I've tried messing with

security.admin.authentication

security.admin.nsswitchgroup

But i assume that because 'options ldap.enable' is off that it wont do what im expecting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

running 8.1.1GA

Thanks,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2

mharding

Matt - were you able to find an answer to your question, pehaps in one of our Technical Reports?  Try searching our Technical Reports library: http://www.netapp.com/us/library/technical-reports.html

martin_fisher

Hi Matt - Yeah see what you mean.. Think its more likely you may have to amend the options.ldap setting... I wouldnt mind knowing if this works as well, to save having to type in a long domain, when using DC authentication.. Will try and test and see what happens!

Public