How To Use OnCommand Workflow Automation For Automated Data Protection During Failover

by New Contributor on ‎2015-05-25 08:01 AM

Introduction:

The NetApp OnCommand Workflow Automation (WFA) engineering team recently published a WFA pack that lets you recreate SnapMirror and SnapVault protection after MetroCluster switchover and switchback. A switchover/switchback occurs during a planned or unplanned failover. Introducing automation promotes best practices for continuous data protection during these types of occurrences. Watch this video to learn how to take the steps for implementing and executing this pack.

Step 1:

Recreate SnapMirror and SnapVault protection after MetroCluster switchover.

Step 2:
Retain SnapMirror and SnapVault data before MetroCluster switchback.

Step 3:
Recreate SnapMirror and SnapVault protection after MetroCluster switchback.

Other Resources:

This WFA pack is available for download on the Storage Automation Store.

Comments

Sound quality poor, and speaker's accent is very strong. Combination makes it difficult to understand...

New Contributor

Hi Ian,

The WFA engineering team is getting ready to publish a blog article to accompany this new WFA pack. I hope you will find it helpful (stay tuned).

Kristina

Very poor quality production.

Hello

Yes, for me as a non native english speaker difficult to understand

BUT: What happen if i have two-Node MetroCluster replicating Data with DP and XDP to a third cluster.

Do i have to reconfigure SnapMirror / SnapVault after a Switchover for NDO Ontap Upgrade?

as i understand the documentation, all snapmirror related data is not replicated and deleted on the Original Site after Switchback

Can someone please advise??

New Contributor

Hi Udo,

I will ask our technical person to respond. He may direct message you.

Regards,

Kristina

Warning!

This NetApp Community is public and open website that is indexed by search engines such as Google. Participation in the NetApp Community is voluntary. All content posted on the NetApp Community is publicly viewable and available. This includes the rich text editor which is not encrypted for https.

In accordance to our Code of Conduct and Community Terms of Use DO NOT post or attach the following:

• Software files (compressed or uncompressed)
  • Files that require an End User License Agreement (EULA)
  • Confidential information
  • Personal data you do not want publicly available
  • Another’s personally identifiable information
  • Copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner

Files and content that do not abide by the Community Terms of Use or Code of Conduct will be removed. Continued non-compliance may result in NetApp Community account restrictions or termination.