Pirate Pack for VMware - 7mode - v2.1

by goodrum Former NetApp Employee on ‎2013-01-25 05:07 AM - edited on ‎2014-09-25 03:21 PM by allison Former NetApp Employee

Brought to you by the Pirate - www.virtpirate.com

These workflows were tested against VMware vSphere 4.1 and 5.1 using Data ONTAP 8.1.1 7-mode.  These workflows require that VMware's Powercli Toolkit be installed on the WFA server.  I tested with 5.0 and 5.1 with no issues.  Also, the WFA server must have the credentials for the vCenter Server and the vCenter Datasource needs to be configured (Check the Appendix of the IAG for this information).  More information about Commands, Function, Templates is available in the README file found in the package.

============================================

VMware FCP Datastore

--------------------------------------------

Description

This workflow will create new storage for one or more VMFS Datastores to be presented to the selected VMware ESX Cluster.  The total number of new Datastores is determined by the number of Luns created.  Each Datastore will be of equal size.

VMware iSCSI Datastore with Vfiler Support

Description

This workflow will be an optional VLAN, IpSpace and Vfiler.  Creation of new Volumes and Create new iSCSI Datastores.  Total number of new Datastores determined by the Number of Volumes selected.

VMware NFS Datastore with Vfiler Support

Description

This workflow will be an optional VLAN, IpSpace and Vfiler.  Creation of new Volumes and Create new NFS Datastores.  Total number of new Datastores determined by the Number of Volumes selected.

Remove an NFS Datastore and Volume - VMware

Description

Remove a given Datastore and delete the underlying storage.  This will also remove any existing virtual machines from registration.

============================================

WFA Version: 2.0.0.391.2 B11275

Version 2.1 has been updated to correct an issue with FCP Datastore creation

2013-04-18 - Version 2.2 has been updated to include the retBoolean() Function.  It appears that I accidentally deleted it from the package when I prepared v2.1 for the upload.  *Note* if you previously downloaded the 2.1 version, then please import the attached retBoolean() function.

Comments

I attempted to create a VMware datastore with the "VMware NFS Datastore with Vfiler Support" workflow however I am getting the following error message:

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 9.55.14 AM.png

Any ideas?

*NOTE* I am not using vFilers so I have left all vFiler-related input fields in the workflow blank

Regards,

Dan

After creating the following "retBoolean" function in WFA, the aforementioned workflow worked without issue:

def retBoolean(userInput)

{

if(userInput == 'true') {

return true;

}

else if (userInput == 'yes') {

return true;

}

else {

return false;

}

}

Dan

goodrum Former NetApp Employee

Dan, thanks for point this out.  It looks like I mistakenly removed the function when I cleaned up the package for upload to the communities site.  I have attached the newly updated v2.2 package and the exported copy of retBoolean() that I use.

Jeremy Goodrum, NetApp

The Pirate

Twitter: @virtpirate

Blog: www.virtpirate.com

Thanks, the new 2.2 package worked without issue!

Dan

Warning!

This NetApp Community is public and open website that is indexed by search engines such as Google. Participation in the NetApp Community is voluntary. All content posted on the NetApp Community is publicly viewable and available. This includes the rich text editor which is not encrypted for https.

In accordance to our Code of Conduct and Community Terms of Use DO NOT post or attach the following:

• Software files (compressed or uncompressed)
  • Files that require an End User License Agreement (EULA)
  • Confidential information
  • Personal data you do not want publicly available
  • Another’s personally identifiable information
  • Copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner

Files and content that do not abide by the Community Terms of Use or Code of Conduct will be removed. Continued non-compliance may result in NetApp Community account restrictions or termination.