Pre WFA 2.1 - Command and Workflow example for adding SSH publickey to a 7 mode system via API calls only

by Frequent Contributor on ‎2013-05-14 11:43 AM

This DAR file contains a Workflow, Command, Dictionary Entry, and Template.  All of this is an example of adding a SSH publickey to an authorized_keys file on a 7 mode system.  This is done only with API calls, no NFS mounting of the root volume from a jumphost is necessary.

WFA doesn't seem to like long string entries, as I got the following error when trying to use a single variable for the full SSH key:

Data truncation: Data too long for column 'value' at row 1

As a workaround, I setup a template that chop's up the SSH key into 3 different variables, and the command then concatenates the key back into one piece.  Does anyone know if the issue noted above can be fixed in WFA?  It would be nice to enter it as a single variable, although not a big deal since I expect we will just setup a few templates for the small number of ONTAP users that need to have publickey authentication setup on a regular basis.

Comments
Frequent Contributor

Hi Mike,

>> WFA doesn't seem to like long string entries, as I got the following error when trying to use a single variable for the full SSH key:

>> Data truncation: Data too long for column 'value' at row 1

>> Does anyone know if the issue noted above can be fixed in WFA?

This has been fixed in the upcoming release of WFA which is 2.1 version.

Thanks,

Shailaja

WFA Team

Warning!

This NetApp Community is public and open website that is indexed by search engines such as Google. Participation in the NetApp Community is voluntary. All content posted on the NetApp Community is publicly viewable and available. This includes the rich text editor which is not encrypted for https.

In accordance to our Code of Conduct and Community Terms of Use DO NOT post or attach the following:

• Software files (compressed or uncompressed)
  • Files that require an End User License Agreement (EULA)
  • Confidential information
  • Personal data you do not want publicly available
  • Another’s personally identifiable information
  • Copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner

Files and content that do not abide by the Community Terms of Use or Code of Conduct will be removed. Continued non-compliance may result in NetApp Community account restrictions or termination.