Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

6 months report from Ops Manager

deygaurab

Hi All,

Can I pull six months report from the Ops Manager . For example, I want to pull report for Aggr capacity usage for the last 6 months, the graphical representation of the report only displays data for 1week, 1 month, 3 months and 1 year. Is there any way how I can see the report for 6 months.

Any advise in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rahul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GARDINEC_EBRD

Ah, now, I came across something the other day that might do the trick.  This gave me an excuse to try it.

Lookup the 'dfm graph' command in ops manager (see <path_to_install_dir>\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\web\man\dfm.1.html, for examples).  You can do something like this:

dfm graph -s 15811200 -e 0 -F png aggregate-usage-vs-total-1y toaster01:aggr00_sas_600 > dfm_graph.png

-s is number of seconds in the past

You need to us the -1y object, then filter down to 6 months.

There are various options around size of image, image type, etc. 

Example:

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

GARDINEC_EBRD

Ah, now, I came across something the other day that might do the trick.  This gave me an excuse to try it.

Lookup the 'dfm graph' command in ops manager (see <path_to_install_dir>\NetApp\DataFabric Manager\DFM\web\man\dfm.1.html, for examples).  You can do something like this:

dfm graph -s 15811200 -e 0 -F png aggregate-usage-vs-total-1y toaster01:aggr00_sas_600 > dfm_graph.png

-s is number of seconds in the past

You need to us the -1y object, then filter down to 6 months.

There are various options around size of image, image type, etc. 

Example:

deygaurab

Many Thanks Gardinec. That output is magical. I tested and worked fine for me. The report that got generated is ditto the one you pasted in your reply. So, from Oct 2011 to April 2012, I can take it as a 6 months report.

However, if I have to specifically pull a report for 6 month with a paramter of 6m instead of 1y , is that possible?

I tried to run the command(below) with 6m instead of 1y . I did get a out dfm_graph.png but that was empty

(dfm graph -s 15811200 -e 0 -F png aggregate-usage-vs-total-6m toaster01:aggr00_sas_600 > dfm_graph.png)

I didn't quite get what you meant by :-

"You need to us the -1y object, then filter down to 6 months."

Can you please explain again.

Cheers,

Rahul

deygaurab

Guys,

Any ideas on this one

-Rahul

GARDINEC_EBRD

Hi Rahul,

I believe there are only the pre-defined graphs for 1d, 1w, 1m, 3m & 1y, but not for 6m, so the only way I know of is the method discussed earlier.

Thanks,

Craig

deygaurab

Many Thanks Craig,

You mentioned ""You need to us the -1y object, then filter down to 6 months" .Can you please explain how to filter this?

Is it fair to say that the graph that gets extracted by using the -1y object is for 6months ?

Cheers

Rahul

GARDINEC_EBRD

Hi Rahul,

You pick the 1y data then filter down to 6 months.  If you chose the 3m one for example, the data for 6 months isn't there so it can't be filtered.  That's my interpretation of how it works based on what I can see.

Hope that helps,

Craig

adaikkap

Hi Craig and Rahul,

If you have time read this doc on how history data is maintained in DFM.

For each database table, the Operations Manager server saves sample values for periods of the following duration:

• Each daily history sample covers 15 minutes.

• Each weekly history sample covers 2 hours.

• Each monthly history sample covers 8 hours.

• Each quarterly history sample covers 1 day.

• Each yearly history sample covers 4 days.

Purging of Older Samples from History Tables.To keep the database size under control, samples from each of the history tables are purged when they get old. A maximum of 150 samples are kept in each sample history table for one storage object, which translates into:

• 37.5 hours in daily sample table

• 12.5 days in weekly sample table

• 50 days in monthly sample table

• 5 months in quarterly sample table.

• Samples in yearly sample table are never purged.

Operations Manager UI does not provide graphs that span longer than a year; “dfm graph” cli can be used to get older data from the yearly sample table.

Below is the link to the doc.

Storage Capacity Management using OnCommand Operations Manager

Regards

adai

GARDINEC_EBRD

Hi Adai,

Thanks for the document link, it fills a lot of gaps in my knowledge!!

Many thanks,

Craig

deygaurab

Hi Adai,

Many thanks for the document . It has really helped me understand Ops Manager.

Cheers

Rahul

deygaurab

Thank you Craig

Public