Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

7Mode performance metrics via DFM database

ASELVANAYAGAM

Hello,

I am not sure, if this is the right place to start the discussion. I am trying to develop custom performance reports by querying the DFM database. So far it seems the Views in the database (for example lunView) do not have little to no performance data (bear in mind that the Tables are not accessible, because of default permission restrictions). Has anyone run into a similar problem? If so, is there a work around? I would really like to be able to query instead of running commands.

Thanks,

Arun

4 REPLIES 4

lewisn

I am doing that for the Workload Characterization Review (WCR) and I am using the DFM and OnTapi API calls

ASELVANAYAGAM

If I understand you correctly, you are saying you are querying the DFM database via the OnTapi API calls, right?

Thanks,

Arun

lewisn

No, everything goes to the DFM server, a couple data points I needed I use a proxy through the DFM server to the filer to get. All of this is done via the NetApp Manageability SDK APIs. As long as the DFM server is properly configured to talk to a filer, the API proxy works  to get data.

ASELVANAYAGAM

Thanks for the response. I was looking for a way to directly query the DFM database for performance statistics. For eg. I want to calculate  Total Ops / sec for a LUN by querying the DFM database. Right now I am not able to find corresponding database Views to be able to do that.

Arun

Public