Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

7toC LUN Migrate Job Baseline' with error : Failed to create hardlink to LUN

Lepesqueur

WFA_MIGRATE_LUN_ERROR.pngWFA_MIGRATE_LUN_ERROR_LOGs_1.pngWFA_MIGRATE_LUN_ERROR_LOGs_2.png

Hello Guys I am trying to finish LUN Migrate job, but it is stoping at this step, can you please help me?

NFSShardlink is installed .

Regards,

Alexandre 

3 REPLIES 3

Taylor

Check your Qtree permissions on the root Qtree of the Transition Volume.  It should be UNIX.  I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that it pulls this from the root qtree of the root volume on the controller that hosts the transition volume.  If the root qtree of the root vol is set to NTFS, you'll continue to run into this issue.

Change the permissions of the root qtree of the transition volume and Resume the workflow to fix.  To fix permanently, make sure the root qtree of the root volume on the controller hosting transition volumes is set to UNIX.  As well, you should always have the volume security for all volumes hosting LUNs set to UNIX - make sure your source volumes are all set to UNIX as well.

jhawkroche

Did you get the issue resolved? I am having the same issue.  I have verified the qtree is set to Unix and also set options  cifs.nfs_root_ignore_acl on.

I am still getting the same error: "ERROR  [Convert LUN to Dir] Hardlink creation returned error code 2 using 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NetApp\NFShardlink\NFShardlink.exe' for"

jhawkroche

Nevermind, I found my issue. I had a bad route to my NFS network.  Once i updated the route, WFA completed the workflow.

Public