Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Any plans for "Resize LUN" command?

vladimirzhigulin

Hi,

It's a common task in my environment to "extend an existing LUN by $NUM Gb", are there any plans for "certificated" command like that in WFA? Or should I invent my own wheel ? ; )

Vladimir

9 REPLIES 9

dekel

Hi,

Currently there is no Certified command for resize LUN . If you create one please share it so we can certify it in future versions

vladimirzhigulin

I'm curious if creating a new command documented somewhere?

Vladimir

f_duranti

Hi Vladimir, I'm proceeding this way:

1) find any similar command like remove snapshot to create the command to create snapshot

2) use the power shell command line to get help of parameters . You can get more information here: https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-8111 https://communities.netapp.com/community/products_and_solutions/microsoft/powershell

3) test the commands you need manually

4) when you sure of what is needed clone the command in step 1) and change parameters/commands

5) test with a simple workflow

Francesco

f_duranti

If they can be useful (and not already in 1.1) I'm finishing to write and test those ones:

1) Remove CIFS Share ACL

2) Clone VM HardDisk

3) Add HardDisk to VM

4) Remove NFS Datastore from Cluster/Datacenter

5) Remove CIFS Share

6) Create Snapshot

yaronh

Hello Vladimir,

We plan to release a set of newly created commands to the community,

which one of them is "Increase Lun size" (Allowing you to increase Lun size to a certain size or by
a certain amount).

The command will make sure the Lun is not "reduced" by mistake.

This commands will be part of the next maintenance release of WFA.

BR,

Yaron Haimsohn

WFA team

vladimirzhigulin

Hi Yaron,

I'm curious of the new set of commands has been released?

Vladimir

yaronh

Hello Vladimir,

I apologize for not picking up on it sooner. Was working hard on creating a big batch of content for 1.1.1, which is to come in a couple of weeks.

This command will be part of it of course, with many many others.

If you did do one yourself, ours is not resizing but allows only to increase the LUN size. We allow both absolute and relative increase.

Did you end up creating one (Terribly sorry I wasn't able to assist)? If so - I'd like to see it, just in case we were missing something.

Thanks,

Yaron

vladimirzhigulin

Hello Yaron,

Very good news that more commands are coming out soon! I got "LUN Increase" command from "fenton", so it wasn't my implementation really. However it work fine for me.

Vladimir

yaronh

Hi Vladimir,

Please make sure you check into 1.1.1 just released.

It includes most of the above mentioned new commands.

Best,

Yaron

Public