2012-01-30 05:43 AM
It's a common task in my environment to "extend an existing LUN by $NUM Gb", are there any plans for "certificated" command like that in WFA? Or should I invent my own wheel ? ; )
2012-01-30 09:13 AM
If they can be useful (and not already in 1.1) I'm finishing to write and test those ones:
1) Remove CIFS Share ACL
2) Clone VM HardDisk
3) Add HardDisk to VM
4) Remove NFS Datastore from Cluster/Datacenter
5) Remove CIFS Share
6) Create Snapshot
2012-01-30 11:43 AM
Hi Vladimir, I'm proceeding this way:
1) find any similar command like remove snapshot to create the command to create snapshot
2) use the power shell command line to get help of parameters . You can get more information here: https://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-8111 https://communities.netapp.com/community/products_
3) test the commands you need manually
4) when you sure of what is needed clone the command in step 1) and change parameters/commands
5) test with a simple workflow
2012-03-11 04:10 PM
We plan to release a set of newly created commands to the community,
which one of them is "Increase Lun size" (Allowing you to increase Lun size to a certain size or by
a certain amount).
The command will make sure the Lun is not "reduced" by mistake.
This commands will be part of the next maintenance release of WFA.
2012-05-24 08:28 AM
I apologize for not picking up on it sooner. Was working hard on creating a big batch of content for 1.1.1, which is to come in a couple of weeks.
This command will be part of it of course, with many many others.
If you did do one yourself, ours is not resizing but allows only to increase the LUN size. We allow both absolute and relative increase.
Did you end up creating one (Terribly sorry I wasn't able to assist)? If so - I'd like to see it, just in case we were missing something.
2012-05-25 05:44 AM
Very good news that more commands are coming out soon! I got "LUN Increase" command from "fenton", so it wasn't my implementation really. However it work fine for me.