Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Any way to force OnCommand to open Cluster Mode system page via Hostname rather than IP ?

DavidP-TAMU

I have recently added CA generated certs to my cluster mode systems so when I go to their web page directly I no longer get nagged regarding an invalid Cert whever I connect to it.

However, I note that OnCommand used IP instead of hostname when I double click on the system.  Is there a way to correct this behaviour so that it opens up the console for that device via hostname rather than: https://<IP>/sysmgr/SysMgr.html?locale=en

4 REPLIES 4

colsen

Hello,

We've sort of stopped using System Mangler as the launch page for our cDOT systems.  Essentially we have a dashboard (or just short cuts) made up of our various 8.3+ cDOT systems that point directly to the host name vs. the IP address.  Then your certs will be acknowledged by the browser and avoid the SSL errors accompanied by hitting the IP.

Not technically the solution to your question, but it's working out fairly well for our operation...and you're not having to maintain another piece of software on your management workstation.

Cheers,

Chris

DavidP-TAMU

Thanks for the reply.  For us we have 2 C-Dot systems and 2 7-Mode so for now at least the console is the place to aggregate the status info for us and others on my team.  I just go directly to the URL of the C-DOT systems myself.

colsen

Okay - in the category of "probably not supported" you can go into C:\Users\<username>\NetApp\SystemManager and open up the "SystemManager.config" file with your notepad tool of choice.  Search for the IP address that System Manager is substituting for the DNS name of your clustermode server and just replace the IP address with the FQDN of the cluster.  Save the file, log out of System Manager and go back in.

I tried it with one of our clusters and it worked like a champ...

Good luck,

Chris

colsen

Hello,

Just wondering if hacking the .config file did the trick for you.  I had someone out of the thread ping me about it, and before I recommended the method further, just wanted to know if it worked for your situation.

Thanks,

Chris

Public