Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Backup and Restore OCUM 6 DB

chott

Hi All,

I couldn't find any hint on how to backup and restore a Unified Manager 6.0 DB.

Would someone be kind enough to direct me to this information?

cheers chriz

P.S. if you feel this post is useful, please KUDO or “accept as a solution" so other people may find it faster.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kryan

Thanks for clarifying the ask.

The Release Notes for the UM 6.0 beta release included this information on page 6:

No upgrade from Unified Manager 6.0 Beta to Unified Manager 6.0 GA

If you have a Beta version installed, you must uninstall it before installing Unified Manager 6.0

Thanks,

Kevin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kryan

Hello,

The backup and restore model for Unified Manager is to capture and restore an image of the full virtual application.

This is covered in the Admin Guide on page 16.

https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_download_file/ECMP1141205

Thanks,

Kevin

chott

Hi Kevin,

maybe I should specify my usecase a bit:

I would like to use the data collected in a OCUM6 beta release in my fresh installed OCUM6.0RC1 release.

As I can not find an ISO image to download and upgrade my existing OCUM6 making use of the upgrade functionality, I assume backing up and restoring the database is the way to go.

I appreciate your thoughts.

cheers chriz

P.S. if you feel this post is useful, please KUDO or “accept as a solution" so other people may find it faster.

kryan

Thanks for clarifying the ask.

The Release Notes for the UM 6.0 beta release included this information on page 6:

No upgrade from Unified Manager 6.0 Beta to Unified Manager 6.0 GA

If you have a Beta version installed, you must uninstall it before installing Unified Manager 6.0

Thanks,

Kevin

chott

Excellent, thanks kevin

cheers chriz

paeddy

I would like to dumpm all the ocum database (prefferd in xml). This would help me getting all the necessary date to fill in our internal tool which is used for billing. I knwo that i can create a Database user in OCUM and i'm also able to access teh DB, but when doing a mysqldump i can't see any data because everything is organiced in views.

Public