Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Balance Collection Error

hommer

Doing a POC and received the following error when starting a collection:

Error:

Collection Service failed to process discovery collection. PreparedStatementCallback; bad SQL grammar call updateElement(?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) ; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Incorrect number of arguments for PROCEDURE smsdb.updateElement; expected 18, got 17

Build:

ONTAP:

8.1.2P4

Anyone encounter this before? Additional troubleshooting steps I should take?

11 REPLIES 11

sbhavin

Engineering team is actively working on this issue. Can you provide the details about the POC was an upgrade or fresh install?

hommer

It is a fresh install

Michael Hommer

Systems Engineer

732-744-7003 Direct

732-501-6732 Mobile

hommer

Any additional update from Engineering? I have a meeting with the customer tomorrow.

Michael Hommer

Systems Engineer

732-744-7003 Direct

732-501-6732 Mobile

sbhavin

We tried to reproduce the same issue by installing fresh Balance of version 4.1.1.2.25. But unfortunately we couldn't reproduce the same issue.

Can you check at customer's balance the following file?

/usr/share/balancepoint/db/my-sql/schema/scripts/4.1.1.2/modifyUpdateElements.sql

In above file please check number of parameters for the procedure "updateElement". On fresh installation it is showing 17 but on customer balance according to error it is saying 18. Can you please check and verify it? And if it is still showing 18 instead of 17 then can you please arrange a webex with customer? So we can take a look at balance and figure it out the issue.

hommer

I was onsite with the customer yesterday. The were unable to log into the system (couldn't remember the user name and password). What is the default user name and password upon installation? Is there a password recovery procedure?

moechnig

There are several built-in accounts in Balance. 

Balance Accounts

Name

Use via

username

password

where to find password

AMT

CLI (SSH)

netapp

netapp

Balance Installation and Configuration Guide, under "Accessing the Advanced Management Tool (AMT)"

root

CLI (SSH)

root

Search kb.netapp.com

selfmonitor

CLI (SSH)

selfmonitor

h1ghlys3cure

Balance Installation and Configuration Guide, under "Self-monitoring requirements"

admin

GUI

admin

password

Balance Installation and Configuration Guide, under "Configuring the virtual appliance"

support

GUI

support

Search kb.netapp.com

I’m not familiar with the process for recovering or resetting passwords.  You may be able to locate that in the KB as well. 

hommer

This is the screen they are current stuck at:

This account is not allowed to log as root.

All I can get is a menu and I don’t see an option to get to the shell.

They have tried support/netapp and several other combinations.

hommer

Working with Phil Bachman our local CSE for Balance I have scheduled a WebEx session with the customer tomorrow to get beyond the above issue of login. Please let me know ASAP if there is a faster or better way to resolve the above issue to get you the data you previously asked for about the SQL error.

hommer

They have now encountered another error. Balance will no longer pull information from the NetApp controllers. It collected fine for at least the first four days and has now stopped working.

hommer

As per request I have uploaded the logs to the support site. Can anyone give me an ETA as to when they will be looked at?

hommer

Hello? Any updates?

Public