Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

CLI Commands to work on Provisioning manager

KARTHIK_BHANDARKAR

Hi,

I am in need of commands to work with provisioning manager,protection manager and operational manager through CLI.Write now I am not having access to DFM through CLI.So is there any documents that gives the detailed information about the commands??

Please share the document or any link that can help me to get the commands.

With Regards

Karthik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arunchak

HI,

In the attached pdf's under "What is new in this release" -> "New and changed cli commands", you can find few cli commands. You can also find cli commands in the workflows explained in the administration part throughout the guide. See if this is useful for you.

Infact you can install dfm on any VM/physical box (Shouldn't take much time) and say "dfm help" and "dfpm help" to view all the commands.

Thanks,

Arun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

arunchak

HI,

In the attached pdf's under "What is new in this release" -> "New and changed cli commands", you can find few cli commands. You can also find cli commands in the workflows explained in the administration part throughout the guide. See if this is useful for you.

Infact you can install dfm on any VM/physical box (Shouldn't take much time) and say "dfm help" and "dfpm help" to view all the commands.

Thanks,

Arun

KARTHIK_BHANDARKAR

Hi Arun,

Thanks for sharing document.

Warm Regards

Karthik Bhandarkar

arunchak

HI,

Further, if you are interested in installing dfm, you can get it in now site "http://now.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/software",

under "Operations Manager, Protection Manager, Provisioning Manager".

Thanks,

Arun.

fenton

Depedning on your use case if your writing scripts then I would strongly advise you to use the API's from the SDK - it might be a little steeper learning curve to begin with but essentially it will be much easier to support in the long run.  (ie, if command output changes or command option change then you won't have to rewrite your scripts)

Informtation on the SDK is here:

http://communities.netapp.com/docs/DOC-1152

Cheers

Rich

Public