Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can DFM Volume Growth Rates report use weekly growth rate?

fletch2007

One of the useful reports "Volume Growth Rates" uses the Daily Growth rate to extrapolate "Days To Full"

http://dfmserver/dfm/report/view/volumes-growth-rates?lines=20

It'd be more accurate for us if we could customize it to use the weekly growth rate (to smooth out daily outliers)

is this possible?

thanks,

Fletcher.

http://vmadmin.info

5 REPLIES 5

satheesh1

Well it only reports on days, The alternate way I did was to export in CSV format and do pivot chart/bar chart by weekly

Thx,

Satheesh

adaikkap

Have you taken a look at the db views exposed in dfm.This exposes completely what you are looking for.

Using the sql views you can make your own calcuation.The dfm db schema is documented in the General Help section, which can be accessed from the web UI.

There is also a TR which helps in accessing the same.

Access to DataFabric Manager and Performance Advisor Data Using Database Access and Data Export

Regards

adai

fletch2007

Followup - how can I refresh the report?

Eg - I just freed up a lot of space on several volumes and the graphs are reflecting this, but the report is not.

Can I force it to run again now?

thanks

fletch2007

Well its been > 24 hours since I freed up the space on the volumes and the report still shows 156Gb growth for "Daily Growth Rate" - I'd expect it to have a negative growth rate since several hundred Gb were freed and that is reflected in the negative slope of the orange extrapolation line on the 1d chart.

I think the 156Gb growth number may actually be coming from the 1w chart which still shows the positive slope (growth) but its diminishing gradually as the new low volume usage level points replace the older 1w high usage points...

So it appears misleading (the daily growth number does not appear to match the last 24 hour window)

I appears there is no way to force a re-run of the report - it appears to be regenerating automatically on some unknown schedule?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks

adaikkap

This is how growth rate is calculated.

Daily growth rate is the slope of trend line  multiplied by number of seconds in a day.

The trend line is calculated by performing a linear regression of upto 90 days data.

Hope this helps.

Regards

adai

Public