2013-07-11 01:12 PM
2013-07-12 05:36 AM
Is the below a valid solution for Report to save to a location???
How to save report outputs to a file system
This document describes how to save report outputs to a file system.
Resolving the problem
You can save PDF report outputs to a file system location. When you run a report and specify the run option to save the report output, the output is saved on the server. You can also save a copy of the output in a location you specify.
You can specify a script to provide an open interface so that you can run any post-processing commands you want each time a report output is copied to the file system. For example, if your report outputs will ultimately be stored in an archiving system, you can use a script to perform this action.
Before you can save reports to a file system, you must have execute permissions for the Administration secured function. For more information, see Securing Functions and Features.
1. Start IBM Cognos Connection.
2. When using Cognos ReportNet or BM Cognos 8 BI 8.1 or IBM Cognos 8 BI 8.2:
In Cognos Connection, click the Server Administration link.
When using IBM Cognos 8 BI 8.3 or IBM Cognos 8 BI 8.4:
In the upper-right corner, click Launch, IBM Cognos Administration.
3. When using Cognos ReportNet or BM Cognos 8 BI 8.1 or IBM Cognos 8 BI 8.2:
In the Server Administration page, under Type, click the Services radio button and then choose Content Manager in the drop-down menu. The Content Manager service appears below the drop-down menu.
When using IBM Cognos 8 BI 8.3 or IBM Cognos 8 BI 8.4:On the Status tab, click System. In the upper-left corner of the Scorecard pane, click the arrow to view the Change view menu. Click Services, and then click Content Manager.
4. Under the Actions column, click the set properties button.
5. Click the Settings tab.
6. Under the Value column, click Edit.
7. In the Set advanced settings - ContentManagerService page, select the Override the settings acquired from the parent entry check box.
A table appears, in which you can add parameters.
8. Under Parameter, click in a cell and type
9. In the corresponding Value cell, type the file system location where you want to store report outputs.
10. Also note this will not work if you specify a UNC name.
11. If you want to specify a shell script, such as a .bat or .sh file, that will run after a report output is saved to the target directory, do the following:
12. Under Parameter , click in an empty cell and type
In the corresponding Value cell, type the location and the name of the script.
13. The full file names of the output file and descriptor are passed to the script. For example, c:\reportnet\146_1062107695000.pdf c:\reportnet\146_1062107695000_desc.xml.
14. Click OK.
15. Copies of saved report outputs are placed in the location specified. Old report versions are not deleted when a new one is saved. You must manage the content of the output directory to keep the report versions you want.
Since IBM Cognos 8 BI 8.1 MR2, following steps are also required:
1. On the computer where you installed Content Manager, start Cognos Configuration.
2. In the Explorer window, under Data Access, click Content Manager.
3. In the Save report outputs to a file system box, click True or False.
4. From the File menu, click Save.
5. Restart the Cognos 8 service.
2013-07-12 05:40 AM
I've been down that road as well. I haven't had much luck in saving a report to a directory. The thought process was to save a report as a .csv and have script scoop it up.
For now, I had to write a process that emails it to our DL and our offshore team saves the report.