Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can't create support bundle, not enough space

PHILIPALBERT

Hi,

I'm trying to create a support bundle on my OnCommand Performance Manager 2.0 VM, but there's not enough space.

How can I add more space? I can add it in VMware, but how do I do it in Performance Manager?

P.S. My performance manager services are not starting, that's why I want the support bundle. But I can SSH into the appliance.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

juliad

Hi,

Could you go to /var/log/ocf/heap-dump to see if there are any files there? If there are, move them to the /data disk. That will free some space on the root volume.

You can also delete the recording files:

/var/log/ocie/recording/*.*

Check how much space you are able to free up.  Then generate the support bundle again. 

Julia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anoop

Hi,

Did u try reserving the dedicated resources required for the VM? This KB might help you:

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=3014747

Regards,

Anoop

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

PHILIPALBERT

Hi Anoop,

Thanks for the suggestion but I did and it's still not working.

Looks like the root partition doesn't have enough space.

I openned a ticket with Netapp to see if it's possible to resize it.

Thanks

juliad

Hi,

Could you go to /var/log/ocf/heap-dump to see if there are any files there? If there are, move them to the /data disk. That will free some space on the root volume.

You can also delete the recording files:

/var/log/ocie/recording/*.*

Check how much space you are able to free up.  Then generate the support bundle again. 

Julia

PHILIPALBERT

I made a support call and they deleted a bunch of logs.

I was able to install the update.

Thanks

Public