Active IQ Unified Manager Discussions

Can't see any other database schema besides information_schema

jrpatrick

I'm using WFA 2.0.1 and when I connect to the database using MySQL workbench 5.2, I can only see the information_schema.  I used the user wfa and blank password to connect.  I was hoping to view the tables so I could write some custom filters and possibly use the playground schema.  What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sinhaa

Jrpatrick,

Back to your original post and the problem has been found out. I was able to reproduce the issue you are facing.

This is a known bug in WFA2.0 and WFA2.0.1 that user wfa/Wfa123 is only allowed remote access and not access through localhost. So if you are using Server: localhost and credentials wfa/Wfa123 , your login will fail saying access denied.

This bug has been fixed in WFA2.1, so I suggest you upgrade to WFA2.1

But if you still want to continue with WFA2.0.1, enable remote login to your WFA db by doing the following steps:

1. Edit 'NetApp\WFA\mysql\my.ini'
  2. Comment the last line - "bind-address=localhost" by adding a # i.e. #bind-address=localhost
  3. Save the file and close.
  4. Restart the WFA Database Service ( it will restart Server service too).

Now try to login giving IP Address of the WFA server ( and Not localhost ) and userid: wfa , Passwd: Wfa123.

This will have to work.

warm regards,

Abhishek

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Public